Friday, May 29, 2009

Where do I go from here?



Living at home since school has been convenient, and I love my family very much. But I don't want to spend my entire life in Massachusetts. The year I lived in Maine doesn't count much because, well, I mean, it's upstate Maine. I need somewhere a little more stimulating.

Though I don't really want to end up renting in Boston, I've marked it with a black spot of possibility on my seismic map of the United States. Also marked are San Francisco, NYC and DC.

I just spent a few days in San Francisco and absolutely loved it. I could see myself there. I felt good wandering the streets and I couldn't stop myself from imagining a new life there. I want that place so bad.

But, I've also thought about moving to DC and NY, specifically Brooklyn. My past/future roommate would prefer NY, so that's probably the most likely contender.

DC is fun and I really appreciate their public transportation. But, it's a city full of Type A's. Compared to my other favorite cities, it's a bit stiff. But I know some really wonderful people in that area and that's always worth a lot.

I really want California though. That place just fit. It felt good. It felt familiar. It felt like home.

Seeing as we have no money, significant debt and dismal job opportunities, our options are limited. Or maybe they're unlimited. I'm willing to work any kind of terrible job so long as I can experience something new for a while. Anyone else?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

come to pittsburgh!